"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." -Maya Angelou

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Purple


I looked out to the sky today,
The blue, the white, the black, the gray,
But to my shock, d'lighted dismay,
Purple.

I hope to feel your love today,
We kiss, we laugh, we run, we play,
But instead of sun's yellow ray,
Purple.

I love you in warm pink today,
I burst, I beam, I leap, I sway,
But in return, your grand display,
Purple.

I felt your love so strong today,
You touch, you smile, you hope, you pray,
But we're outdone by eves in May,
Purple.

I danced with you in bliss today,
A turn, a skip, a beat, a way,
But Sky is fleeting and will stray,
Purple.

I knew our time was done today,
Now dusk, now dim, now dark, now 'way,
But in love we'll be back someday,
Purple...

When I looked out my window and saw tonight's purple sunset, I felt inspired and this is what came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment